Nelson Guild of Woodworkers Committee Meeting
26th January 2016 @ 7.00pm
At David Haig’s Cable Bay Rd
Meeting chaired by Tony Clark (President)
Also present: Robbie Burns, David Haig, Paul Trolove, Lindsay Hunter, Mike Hurst.
Apologies: Neil Bruce-Miller
Presentations for the monthly meetings up to and including June, were decided.
- February 23rd: Sharpening with David Haig & Paul Trolove
- March 29th: Fasteners with Lindsay Hunter & Tony Clark
- April 26th: Adhesives with Ian Wilson (To be confirmed).
- May 24th: Hinges
- June 28th: Plane Sharpening, with a challenge of some description thrown in.
Some ideas for Guild exposure were presented.
- These included holding a public workshop, possibly in the Richmond Library.
- Toys for charity. Donating wooden toys to Salvation Army, Hospital, Women’s Refuge or other worthwhile causes, with some exposure in papers. (Robbie to investigate the various charity options).
- A public project of some description?
- Possibility of trip to visit Ashburton Tool Museum